Thursday, February 17, 2005

Pictures don't lie

I found pictures of myself competing in triathlons in summer 2001. I was SKINNY. And it proves to me that my rationalization "I'm skinny for having had a baby" is, well, delusional. Here I am, just before a duathon where I won my age group.


I'm now starting a training plan from Tri Newbies and revamping my diet. I can't really diet because I'm breastfeeding my son, but I can certainly remove all the unhealthy food I've been eating for the irrational reason that I am still feeding another human with my body. I'm pretty sure I can still make milk on HEALTHY food.

I'll also institute the Thursday check-in -- 152 pounds. Not so bad, considering that I weighed in at 204 when I delivered my son in July and weighed 148 before I got pregnant. Not the best, either, so there's tons of room for improvement. I'm guessing I weighed about 140 in the picture above.

Just so you know where I'm starting from, I did the Lafayette Oatmeal Festival 5k on January 8, 2005. I'd intended to train for it, but the holidays happened. I finished in 42:26 (without stopping to walk, I was proud) and surpisingly enough finished 580/1033 overall, 295/634 in women and 54/81 in my age group (20-29). I'm guessing there were a lot of slow walkers.

1 Comments:

At 12:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

dude, you are the bomb! I'm loving all your blogs, and I'm jealous of the John Francis Movies...how do you do that? I'll never be a triathaloner because I totally panic in the water, but today I was talking to a super skinny guy about a run I'm organizing and in the middle of the coversation he said...do you run? And I was like...HOlY KITTY KATS! Is he just lame or do I look like a gigantasaurus? So dieting....probably should.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home